Your Chakras are spinning concentrations of energy. They are vital to your spiritual, mental and physical wellness. I'll share an exercise to balance and re-energize your Chakras! When you don't feel right or things aren't going well, your Chakras are out of balance. I balance my Chakras daily!
There are many Chakras in the body, but I'm going to focus on the primary Chakra centers. The 7 Chakra Chart will help you understand and activate the Body's Seven Main energy centers. They run from the base of your spine to the top of your head.
Every Chakra energy center has:
- a location in the body
- a color of the rainbow
- a Chakra symbol
- an element
- a function
- positive qualities and lessons
- negative qualities
It can be overwhelming when all this information is on one Chakra Chart! I had to simplify it for myself!
I'll expand and explain the 7 Chakra Chart below. I'll share
- the Chakra Chart and information that helped me get started!
- an exercise to find and clear any Chakra imbalances
- how to get your Chakras spinning in the right direction and balanced!
- Focus and master your 7 Chakra Chart first!
My primary focus is to help you understand, activate and balance your body's seven Chakras
The Chakra Chart and your Body Energy
Each of your chakras is an individual energy center. All your Chakras combined make up your "Aura" or "Body Energy." Your Aura surrounds you and is an energy field. The outer ring of your Aura is your "protective shield." It helps to deflect negative emotions and traumatic events.
You want to have a strong aura with separation between your physical body and the protective edge. IF your Aura is weak and close to the physical body. You have a higher risk of emotional pain and trauma affecting you. A stronger Aura helps to shield you from emotional pain.
We've all felt it when we walk into a room and you can feel the energy of others. Or you may notice the more withdrawn people with a smaller aura.
When you understand your Chakras you can activate and balance your energy centers
The Seven Primary Chakras
First, we will learn the name of each Chakra. The Chakra locations in your body. The rainbow colors associated with each Chakra.
- Root or Base Chakra - Base of your spine - Red
- Naval Chakra (Sacral Center) - Lower abdomen to navel area - Orange
- Solar Plexus Chakra - Above navel, below chest - Yellow
- Heart Chakra - Center of the chest - Green
- Throat Chakra - Throat area - Sky Blue
- Brow Chakra - Center of forehead - Indigo (Dark Blue)
- Crown Chakra - Top of the head - Violet
The first three Chakras are "grounding energies." These energies flow into mother earth or Gaia and back. They bring Gaia energy up to your middle Heart Chakra.
The top three Chakras are "universal energies." These energies flow into the Infinite Universe and back. They bring spiritual energy into your Heart Chakra. Your Heart Chakra is the center of the energies. Powered by your beliefs but also from Gaia and Spirit.
Chakra Color Chart
Notice the colors of the Chakras align with the colors of the rainbow. The next time you see a rainbow stop and think about how your Chakra is the same. YOU are a rainbow! Are you bright and colorful or dark and dingy? By balancing and activating your chakras, you can energize your life!
I remember as a kid learning about the colors of a rainbow. I remember the name of a rainbow as "Roy G Biv." The abbreviation for the colors, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet.
Chakra Balancing with Meditation
I've learned Chakra testing from some of the best. John Holland, Sonia Choquette, Dr. Bradley Nelson, James Van Praagh, and others.
Where to find Chakra Meditation Music? My favorite is searching for YouTube for free Chakra meditations. Below is one of my favorites.
At first you may want to use guided chakra meditation. A voice will guide you through the Chakra Balancing Meditation.
Guided Chakra Meditation
- With the music playing sit in a chair in a darkened room.
- Put your feet flat on the floor to connect with Gaia, mother earth!
- I always remove any hats from my head. I don't want anything to get in the way of my Chakra balancing!
- Now close your eyes and place your hands palm up on your legs.
- Next focus on your spine from top to bottom. Understand the chakras start at the bottom going to the top of your head.
- First, imagine your root chakra and it's color red. Imagine a tube 6" in diameter but a few feet in length. It's full of a liquid red rotating or flowing clockwise.
- Now see the entire tube as you look down rotating clockwise like a radar bar. This creates a beautiful red energy field. The energy flows down into the earth. Gravity is the energy flowing back into your chakras.
Repeat the same process for each color of the Chakras. You will end up with seven rotating energy centers. Each their own color.
When you open your 7th or Crown Chakra. Imagine a white light flowing to the ether into the universe. Connecting you to source energy!
Now take a step back, looking in from outside your body. See the colors, the aura around you. Your lower chakras connect you to mother earth. Your upper chakras connect you to the universe and source energy.
Feel you aura cleansing. Feel the love and kindness clearing you chakras.
Closing down your Chakras
I like to keep my Chakras open when I'm at home or in a place of meditation. Many mentors recommend shutting down your chakras. I agree when going into the public as your energy may disturb others. I wish everyone had open, loving and caring energy but they don't. If you leave all your chakras open you could come across as "too energetic" or "floating."
John Holland recommends shutting down all your chakras. EXCEPT for your base Root Chakra and your top Crown Chakra. Stay connected, grounded to mother earth. Also, keep connected to the universe and source energy to guide you.
Cleansing and Balancing Blocked Chakras
During Reiki Sessions I'm able to test the Chakra Energy levels of people. By holding my hands high in the air over a chakra. I bring my hands down until I feel a resistance. I repeat this for each chakra to find the blocked chakras.
I then apply more energy healing and intention to clear or open the blocked chakras.
As an Emotion Code Practitioner, I use muscle testing to find trapped emotions. I locate the trapped emotion using The Emotion Code Chart. I then learn more about the time the emotion attached and where it's located in the body. Often times I find them in the Chakras and release them.
Learn more about The Emotion Code here.
Chakra Balancing With Food
Most Chakra Charts focus on certain topics. Spiritual, meditation and emotional areas of life. In this physical world we live in, we can eat certain foods to activate and balance our Chakras.
I will go deeper into the Chakras below. I'll discuss elements, functions, positive and negative qualities below.
First let's see how you can compliment Chakra Balancing with Food. Focus on raw, plant-based eating when possible!
Red is for Energy (Root/Base Chakra)
Eat red foods like tomatoes, strawberries, raspberries and beets. Red foods will help to boost your energy levels and body temperature.
Orange is for Self Worth & Confidence (Sacral Center) -
Eat orange foods like carrots, oranges, mangoes, squash, pumpkin and sweet potatoes. Orange foods will help your confidence, unworthiness or doubt.
Yellow is for Joy (Solar Plexus Chakra)
Eat yellow foods like bananas, corn, pineapple, yellow peppers, etc.
Yellow foods help if you are feeling depressed, or emotionally drained!
Green for Rejuvenation (Heart Chakra)
Eat green foods like broccoli, kale, spinach, lettuce, green beans, etc.
A huge green salad is excellent or add them to your smoothie! Feel better physically and emotionally! Feel more heartfelt for the world!
Blue (and black) for Calming (Throat and Brow Chakra)
Eat blue/black foods like blueberries, blackberries, black olives, egg plant, plums, etc.
Detoxify, balance and clear your Throat Chakra.
Violet for Peace (Third-Eye Chakra)
Eat violet foods like eggplant, purple kale, cabbage, carrots, concord grapes, etc.
Find more balance, feel more peaceful and calm! Decalcify your third eye!
White for Strength (Crown Chakra)
Eat white foods like mushrooms, garlic, ginger, onion, lychee, coconut, etc.
Gain more inner strength and power!
Understanding Chakra Alignment
We've discussed the name, location and color of each Chakra. Then we connected each color to Chakra Balancing with Food. Next I'll build and add more detail for each Chakra.
1 - Root or Base Chakra
- Location: Base of your spine
- Color: Red
- Element: Earth
- Functions: Gives vitality to the physical body. Life-force, survival, self-preservation, instincts.
- Qualities or Lessons: Matters relating to the material world and success. The physical body, mastery of the beyond. Grounding, individuality, stability, security, stillness, health, courage and patience.
- Negative Qualities: Self-centered, oinsecurity, violence, greed, anger. Overly concerned with one's physidal survival. Tension in the spine, constipation.
2 - Naval Chakra (Sacral Center)
- Location: Lower abdomen to navel area
- Color: Orange
- Element: Water
- Functions: Procreation, assimilation of food, physical force and vitality, sexuality.
- Qualities/Lessons: Giving and receiving emotions, desire, pleasure. Sexual/passionate love, change, movement, assimilation of new ideas. Health, family, tolerance, surrender.
- Negative Qualities: Over-indulgence in food or sex. Sexual difficulties. Confusion, purposefulness. Jealousy, envy, desire to possess. Impotence, uterine and /or bladder problems.
3 - Solar Plexus Chakra
- Location: Above navel, below chest
- Color: Yellow
- Element: Fire
- Functions: Vitalizes the sympathetic nervous system. Digestive processes, metabolism and emotions.
- Qualities/lessons: Will, personal power, authority, energy, mastery of desire, self control. Radiance, warmth, awakening, transformation, humor, laughter, immorality.
- Negative Qualities: Taking in more than one can assimilate and utilize. Too much emphasis on power and/or recognitionb. Anger fear, hate. Digestive problems
4 - Heart Chakra
- Location: Center of the chest
- Color: Green
- Element: Air
- Functions: Anchors the life-force from the Higher Self. Energizes the blood and physical body with the life-force. Blood circulation.
- Qualities/lessons: Divine/unconditional love. Forgiveness, compassion, understanding, balance, group consciousness, oneness with life. Acceptance, peace, openness, harmony, contentment.
- Negative Qualities:Repression of love, emotional instabililty, out of balance. Heart problems, circulation problems.
5 - Throat Chakra
- Location: Throat area
- Color: Sky Blue
- Element: Akasha / Ether
- Functions: Speech, sound, bibration, communication
- Qualities/Lessons: Power of the spoken word. True communication. Creative expression in speech, writing and the arts. Integration, peace, truth, knowledge, wisdom, loyalty, honesty, reliability, gentleness, kindness
- Negative Qualities: Commuication and/or speech proglems. Knowledge used unwisely, ingnorance, lack of deicernment. Depression, thryroid problems.
6 - Brow Chakra
- Location: Center of forehead
- Color: Indigo (Dark Blue)
- Element: Light
- Functions: Vitalizes the lower brain and central nervous system. Vision.
- Qualities/Lessons: Soul revitalization, intutition, insight, imagination. Clairvoyence, concentration, peace of ind. Wisdom, devotion, perception beyond quality.
- Negative Qualities: Lack of concentration, fear, cynicism, tension. Headaches, eye problems, bad dreams. Overly detached from the world.
7 - Crown Chakra
- Location: Top of the head
- Color: Violet
- Element: Thought/will
- Functions: Vitalizes the upper brain
- Qualities/Lessons: Unifiation of the Higher Self with the human peronality. Oneness with the Infinite. Spiritual will, inspiration, unity, divine wisdome an understanding. Idealism, selfless service. Perception beyond space and time. Continuity of consciousness.
- Negative Qualities: Lack of inspriation, confusion, depression, alienation, hesitation to serve, senility.
Information referenced from Chakra Awareness Guide by Legion of Light.
Imbalances in the Chakra and Chakra Symbols
The first chakra is the red Root Chakra.
Its Element is earth. Located at the base of the spine. The red root chakra connects and grounds us to mother earth. The Root Chakra balances the kidneys, adrenal glands and legs. Other attributes have to do with grounding, security, courage, balance and patience.
Your root chakra is blocked or out of balance when you feel:
- self centered
- short tempered
- concerned with your own survival.
The second chakra is the orange Naval Chakra.
Its Element is water. Located at the naval area. The Naval Chakra connects with reproduction, sexuality and emotions. The Naval Chakra balances the ovaries, testicles, spleen, womb and bladder. Other attributes are about giving, receiving, passions and raw emotions.
Your Naval Chakra is blocked or out of balance when you feel:
- struggle with sexual appetite
The third chakra is the yellow Solar Plexus Chakra.
Its element is fire. Located above the navel. The Solar Plexus Chakra is where youâll find the "universal silver life cord." It connects your physical body to your spiritual body.
Being in touch with this chakra will allow you to trust your inner knowing!
The Solar Plexus Chakra balances organs in the nervous system and digestive system.
Other attributes are about power, self-control, and transformation of self, humor, and immortality.
When your Solar Plexus Chakra is blocked or out of balance you will manifest in:
- too much emphasis on power and recognition
- digestive problems
The fourth chakra is the green Heart Chakra.
Its element is air. The Heart Chakra is in the middle of the body, where it anchors the higher self to the lower self. It balances the blood and circulation. It's associated with the blood, thymus, arms, hands, and lungs. Other attributes are divine and unconditional love. Compassion, balance, and a sense of one-ness with all life. Including acceptance, peace, harmony and contentment.
When your Heart Chakra is blocked or out of balance it may result in:
- emotional instability
- heart and circulation problems
The fifth chakra is the blue Throat Chakra.
Its element is ether. It's located in the throat area. The Throat Chakra is the source of clairaudience. It's associated with creativity, self-expression, and expression through sound.
It balances the thyroid gland, hypothalamus, throat and mouth.
Other attributes are expressing your true self. Integration with your higher knowledge, wisdom, honesty and kindness.
When your Thoat Chakra is blocked or out of balance you can feel:
- unsure of who you are
- be afraid to communicate
- experience lack of discernment
- thyroid problems.
The sixth chakra is the indigo Third Eye Chakra.
Its element is light. It's located in the brow or forehead. The Thrid Eye Chakra balances vision and intuition energy. It is the seat of clairvoyance.
Organs associated with the Third Eye Chakra are:
- pituitary gland
- pineal gland
- the left eye.
Other attributes include intuition, clear sight, imagination, wisdom, perception, and devotion.
When your Third Eye Chakra is blocked or out of balance it can show up as:
- lack of concentration
- a feeling of "being detached" from the world.
The seventh chakra is the violet Crown Chakra.
Its element thought/willpower. It's located at the top of the head. The Crown Chakra vitalizes the upper brain, pineal gland and the right eye. Other attributes are all associated with the higher self and the human personality.
The Crown Chakra is where you download the higher levels of beings. Your oneness with the infinite. Inspiration, divine understanding, service, and connection to consciousness.
When your Crown Chakra is blocked or out of balance it can manifests itself through a
- lack of inspiration
- separateness from the world
- hesitancy to serve
Summary of Balancing with a Chakra Chart
I truly hope you've enjoyed this article and learned from it! It wasn't easy to write and I can tell I'll be creating other Chakra articles to go deeper into certain topics.
My hope for everyone is this:
Find time daily to go within. Open up and talk to your Chakras. Balance them with meditation. It's like riding a bike. You may fall down a few times but keep going! After a few days or weeks you'll wonder why you haven't done this all your life!
If you have questions or need clarification on anything, please let me know!