We have a predisposition to think that lifestyle and health are distinct. Apart from the basic stuff like exercise and proper nutrition, we rarely consider how our psychological state may affect our physical fitness –or vice versa. We also fail to embracesensible precautions that could keep us healthy for a prolonged time.
A holistic approach to the issue is essential because it considers everything. Everything from how much sleep you get to how anxious you are, how complex your food is, and if you are joyful is taken into account.
It is believed that when you are mentally in the right place you start challenging yourself, which help you to grow. Society is facing more stress, depression, anxiety and environmental issues such as toxins in the air than before. It’s for this reason why holistic healing has become more important in our lives. It focuses on prevention rather than cure. Holistic treatments are important, so our body doesn’t get used to western medications such as antibiotics. Holistic healing has some very important aspects and if you don’t know about them, keep on reading.
Holistic Values - what are they?
Every treatment or practice has its values. Holistic healers believe that an individual can achieve good health by building up their emotional, physical, spiritual, and mental wellness as a whole Why we are talking about holistic healing? Each of you is unique and special and everything doesn’t work for everyone. Imagine! If you had to remember that you have to breathe every day, you would not enjoy life to its fullest or would probably not survive the day.
Holistic therapy is the only way to support financial growth, good health, creativity, success and every aspect of life.
The modern era has brought many glorious and life-saving advancements, but one of the downfalls of western medicine is it looks at the body in sections of individual symptoms and parts rather than the whole system it is. This is why holistic health and spiritual healing is so important because one can truly achieve excellent wellness in the physical, mental, and spiritual sense we have to be viewing and supporting the body as the phenomenal system it is.
Key Aspects of Holistic Healing:
Holistic healing doesn’t wholly look at the physical body. It is a combination of five aspects of health,including physical, emotional, social, spiritual, and intellectual. When combined, these five aspects enable a person to live their life to its happiest. Any compromise in any of the area would affect the other areas as well.
When we think of health, physical health is what comes to our mind first. The reason being is that symptoms that the physical body is performing can be pretty obvious. Non-physical signs are abstract and are difficult to measure as compared to physical signs. When it comes to supporting your physical health, there are some practices that everyone can benefit from and can make a huge difference in your overall health.
- Get at least 8 hours of sleep every night. Getting full night rest allows your body and mind to relax.
- While every person exercise routine is different but everyone can benefit from at least 30 minutes of movement each day. Try to move your body at least for 30 minutes each day.
- Maintain a balanced diet. Reduce the intake of processed food and hydrogenated food oil which can increase the risk of chronic disease.
- Avoid the consumption of alcohol, and do not smoke.
- Try eating plant-based food and products that are rich in proteins, vitamins and minerals.
Emotional health is just important as physical health. Emotional health can affect your physical health if notprioritized. Emotional wellness is a critical component of energy healing that is frequently disregarded. Emotional hurts and tragedies can appear as a variety of physical and mental disorders that have a severe impact on our entire well-being. As a result, it is critical to be attentive to your mental health. Numerous alternative health treatments emphasize emotional wellbeing. Reiki therapy, hypnotherapy, meditation, yoga, crystal healing, and other modalities are included. Here are some Emotion Code Energy Healing Questions Answered which you can go through and learn all aspects of emotional wellbeing.
Here are some ways you can support your emotional health:
- Therapy plays a vital role in supporting our emotional health, and one ought to seek out therapy when needed.
- Try writing about your feelings, thoughts, good moments. You will be grateful to look back when you are stressed.
Admit it or not, your social life is an important aspect of overall health. This is because humans are social beings that want meaningful relationships and flourish when accompanied by the right kind of people.
Social healing entails creating and cultivating a community of people you care about and who encourage you. Family, colleagues, and social groupings are all examples of this.
Visiting a wellness center might help you locate a social environment that meets your needs. Numerous services promote social health, such as meditation retreats and yoga sessions. Here are some ways you can support your social health:
- Try involving the local community. Whether it isa church, club or a seminar-getting involved in your local community is one of the best ways to improve your social health.
- Try setting up boundaries by cutting off toxic people from your life. Whether they’re your friends, relatives or spouse. Do not be afraid to part ways with those who bring negative energy or increase the stress level.
- Make time for social gatherings. While technology has affected in-person connections, try to interact with people physically not virtually
You don’t need to be religious to support spiritual health. To enhance your overall sense of well-being and understanding your placein the world, spiritual health contributes to your physical health as well. Holistic health considers the whole individual including social, emotional, environmental factors along with physical wellbeing. For some people, spirituality may refer to religion, but it may help in the personal growth or development of an individual that includes finding meaning in life, by creating joy for oneself and others. It helps to enhance the connection between mind and body.
Ways you can support your spiritual health:
- Try spending time with nature.
- Meditate each day for few minutes.
- Practice your faith; if you are religious, it gives you inner peace
The very last aspect of holistic health is our mental health which often imbricates with both physical and emotional health. The biggest consequence between our mental and emotional health is that our emotional health refers to our daily mood and emotions,whereas our mental health refers to how our brains function. Excessive drug usage or drinking can lead to a decrease in our cognitive abilities. To keep your brain active try to involve yourself in innovative activities and consume that food which is richin antioxidants and omega -3 fatty acids
Ways that you can support your health:
- Keep your mind active by problem-solving practices that challenge your brain.
- Involve yourself in different physical activities such as swimming, running or outdoor games.
- Consumption of drugs, alcohol and nicotine shall be avoided
Is holistic health going to be the future of the wellness industry?
Holistic health considers each individual as a whole. Because it is often preventative and highly personalized, it’s alreadymoulding the wellness industry in profound ways. According to research worldwide, the wellness industry is a $4.2 trillion market. This number is more likely to grow in future a people are prioritizing their health over everything. The future of the wellness industry will likely have more to do with holistic health than anything else.